A WALK ON THE WILDSIDE---PAUL FOSTER

hit counter

Saturday 19 October 2019

Falcons around Akrotiri,Sept 2019

Marsh Harriers are always a welcome sight on the Marsh.Whilst hidden in the reeds,I surprised this one hunting along the edges!
A quick run over to the Gravel Pits area, near to Agios Georgeos church proved quite worthwhile, this juveniles Montagues Harrier dropped in for a rest and afforded me exceptional views at about 40 metres.I didn't even have to get out of the car!
It only stayed for about 10 mins, but it certainly made my day there!!
A couple of fly-by Eleonora's falcon were noted back at the marsh.They would often drop out of sight ,behind the reedbeds,then suddenly appear quite close!
I crept around the reedbeds with the aid of wellingtons and stumbled across a couple of falcons having a drink and preen!
Eleonora's again taking a breather!!
Juv Montague's on its way South!!
Eleonora,s fly-by.
A few Honey Buzzard were migrating South ,throughout the day.Again I made the most of the opportunity with the camera!!
Thanks again for dropping by and taking the time to view my blog.Cyprus is a wonderful place to visit in Sept.Always good weather, great variety of birds and damn good company from the ex pat bird-watchers!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment