A WALK ON THE WILDSIDE---PAUL FOSTER

hit counter

Monday 29 May 2017

Wood warbler

 For the last few weeks a Wood Warbler has been present at a local nature reserve in the Trough Of Bowland.I took the opportunity  to see this lovely summer migrant,as it was on territory and actively looking for a mate!

The bird was easily located with its trilling call,high up in the canopy and it gave a few short fluttery display flights to the lower branches enabling good close views.As I write this,the bird has been there a good few weeks now,and is still displaying.

Whether it finds a mate,remains to be seen,as they really are in serious decline .Also present, was a Tree Pipit which had returned to its patch to breed.I just love the call of this bird and again it is not at all common to the area!

Thanks for dropping by and please keep well!




Tree Pipit


3 comments:

  1. Paul....I'm quite envious of your Wood Warbler and the resulting images, the one above the Tree Pipit is my pick. But no excuses as Moor Piece is near enough for me to get to and it's time I got myself there, an area I've yet to visit.

    Regards

    Pete.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Peter for your kind comments.
    Yes its well worth the drive over...lovely bird to hear too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paul.Nice to see this uncommon warbler not too far away.You have done well with some nice images.If it stays I may have to pay a visit.Speak to you soon.

    ReplyDelete