A WALK ON THE WILDSIDE---PAUL FOSTER

hit counter

Sunday 8 November 2020

Cyprus mid Oct

Although it was a little late for migration,I was more than happy to spend time with these Eleonora falcons on one of the dams near Paphos.

I had previously done a recce,a few days earlier and noticed a few Eleonora's in the far distance.

A plan was hatched to try and get a few images of the falcons, so armed with my small hide/tripod/ flask
 and a chair,I waited patiently in my chosen spot by the shallow end of the dam.Some 5 hrs later,I was rewarded with stunning views of the falcons at close quarters!
Back again a few days later, no sign of the Eleonora's, but a n Osprey put in an appearance!

My luck was really in,as after a few fly arounds and one attempt at fishing, it came straight towards me and plonked itself down 25 metres away!

Its not often this happens to me, but I wasn,t complaining this time.I will post a few more images of the Eleonora's in my next blog.Hope you enjoyed the shots, stay safe all!

 

3 comments:

  1. Paul.What a time you had with the raptors on Cyprus.Wonderful shots of the Eleonoras and Osprey.Bet you wish you were there now !! The weather here is depressing,day after day of wet and gloom.Hope you and family are all well and surviving in these difficult times.Enjoy Christmas and maybe we might meet up in 2021.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete